***2016 PAROL COMPETITION***
(SCROLL DOWN FOR REGISTRATION FORM)
Applicants for the Parol Competition must register by submitting a PAROL COMPETITION REGISTRATION FORM for the Grand Prize and School Competitions. The registration fee is $15.00 per Parol Entry which will entitle the Entrant to one ticket to the Philippine Lantern Festival on December 10. Three cash prizes will be awarded to entrants receiving the top three scores. Winners will be selected by a panel of three to five community members and artists. The cash prizes for the Parol Competition are:
GRAND PRIZE COMPETITION
- Grand Prize for Best Overall $250
- 1st Runner up $150
- 2nd Runner up $ 100
PAROL MAKING STUDENT COMPETITION
- Five $ 20 awards will be given to TOP 5 student entries
RULES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Submit Registration Form by December 10, 2016 – 12:00PM OR email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parol must be a three – dimensional lantern.
- Parol dimensions are a minimum 9 inches height/9 inches wide/ 1 inches deep.
- Parol material is up to the discretion of entrant.
- Parol frame to be made of bamboo or other suitable material.
- Lights are optional but recommended.
- Applicants must Check-In at 12:00pm on December 10, 2016
- Applicants must participate in the Parade of Parols or have another designated person to participate in the parade with decorated parol on December 10, 2016 (12:00 PM – 4:00 PM).
- Winners will be announced on December 10, 5:00 PM.
- Awards will be given in the form of a check from PASACAT after the conclusion of Parol Festival
FREE PAROL MAKING WORKSHOPS
(FREE Parol Kits will be provided by host)
CRITERIA FOR ADJUDICATION
- Design – Form, materials, color 10 points
- Craftsmanship – Durability, sturdiness 10 points
- Originality – Uniqueness 10 points
The Panel of Judges will consist of three to five local community members
who will not be eligible to enter the Parol Competition.
The Parols will be adjudicated at the Parol Festival from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM.
FOR MORE INFO CONTACT PASACAT: